Graduate Certificate Programs in Materials Chemistry
The following three Graduate Certificate Programs are available:
- Synthesis and Characterization of Inorganic Materials
- Synthesis and Characterization of Organic Materials
- Characterization of Inorganic and Organic Materials
To earn a certificate in materials chemistry a minimum of 12 credit hours of course work from the following two groups of courses is required. At least one course must be chosen from Group A and at least one course must be chosen from Group B. The remaining credit hours may be chosen from either group, depending upon the certificate program. Each of these courses, if completed with a B or higher, may be later applied toward the Master of Chemistry in Materials Chemistry degree if you apply and are accepted to the degree program.
- CHEM 505 Spectroscopic Methods I
- CHEM 512 Spectroscopic Methods II
- CHEM 509 Physical Methods and Characterization
- CHEM 542 Polymer Characterization and Analysis
- CHEM 521 Structural Inorganic and Materials Chemistry
- CHEM 522 Efficient Chemical and Materials Synthesis
- CHEM 530 Organic Reaction Mechanisms
- CHEM 531 Tactics in Organic Synthesis
- CHEM 535 Polymer Synthesis
Contact your academic advisor for making a Plan of Study.