Gocha Khelashvili, Ph.D., DABR
Adjunct Professor of Physics
169 Robert A. Pritzker Science Center
B.S. Tblisi State Univeristy (Republic of Georgia
Ph.D. Illinois Institute of Technology
Research & Accomplishments
His research interests involve:
- Radiobiology associated with SRS, SBRT and HDR
- Monte Carlo simulations of small field dosimetry
- Improvement of patient safety, quality assurance and treatment delivery process.
Khelashvili is currently employed at the Radiation Oncology Department of Northwestern Memorial Hospital, Chicago, IL as a clinical medical physicist. His clinical interests involve:
- Stereotactic body Radiation therapy (SBRT)
- Intracranial stereotactic radio surgery (SRS)
- Pediatric radiation oncology
- Intensity modulated radiation therapy (IMRT)
- High dose rate brachytherapy (HDR).
- Timothy Morrison, Ivan Nesch and Gocha Khelashvili "Device and Method for Producing a Spatially Uniformly Intense Source of X-rays," United States Patent, US 7,280,636 (2007)
- Gocha Khelashvili, Julius V. Turian, James Chu, "Dosimetric Characteristics of the Small Diameter Brain Lab Cones for Stereotactic Radiosurgery," Medical Physics, v.37, 3306 (2010).
- Xing Gong, Mike Kirk, Tom Zuzag, Gocha Khelashvili, James Chu, Josh Napoli, Sandy Stutsman, "Application of a 3D volumetric display of radiation therapy treatment planning I: quality assurance procedures," Journal of Applied Clinical Medical Physics, v.10, 96 (2009).
- Ivan Nesch, Deniel P. Fogarty, Tochko Tzvetkov, Benjamin Reinhart, A. Charles Walus, Gocha Khelashvili, Carol Muehleman, and Dean Chapman, "The Design and Applications of an in-laboratory diffraction-enhanced x-ray imaging instrument.” Review of Scientific Instruments, v.80, 093702-1 (2009).
- Julius V. Turian, S. Chen, Joy Coleman, Gocha Khelashvili, James Chu, "Dose Summation for Multi-Phase Helical Tomotherapy," Medical Physics, v.35, 2838 (2008).
- Julius V. Turian, Gocha Khelashvili, James Chu, "The Use of Radiochromic Film for Tomotheraphy IMRT Dosimetric Verification," Medical Physics, v.34, 2497-2498 (2007).
- Miles Wernick, Jovan Brankov, Dean Chapman, Yongyi Yang, Gocha Khelashvili, Mark Anastasio, Zhong Zhong, Christopher Parham, Carol Muehelman, "Progress in Multiple-Image Radiography," Proc. of SPIE-IS&T Electronic Imaging, SPIE Vol. 6065, 60650W, © 2006.
- Gocha Khelashvili, Jovan Brankov, Dean Chapman, Yongyi Yang, Mark Anastasio, Zhong Zhong and Miles Wernick, "Physical Model of Multiple-Image Radiography," Physics in Medicine and Biology v.51 221-236 (2006).
- Jovan Brankov, Gocha Khelashvili, Dean Chapman, Yongyi Yang, Mark Anastasio, Zhong, Zhong and Miles Wernick, "Physical Model of Image Formation in Multiple-Image Radiography," IEEE Nuclear Science Symposium Conference, M07-362 (2005).
- Grant Bunker, Nicholas Dimakis and Gocha Khelashvili, "New Methods of EXAFS Analysis in Structural Genomics," Journal of Synchrotron Radiation, v.12, 53 (2005).
- Gocha Khelashvili, Ivan Nesch, Timothy Morrison, Grant Bunker and Dean Chapman, "A Novel Method of Bending Crystals to Log Spiral Shape," Review of Scientific Instruments, v.73, 1534 (2002).
- Gocha Khelashvili and Grant Bunker, "Practical regularization Methods for Analysis of EXAFS," Spectra Journal of Synchrotron Radiation, v.6 271 (1999).
- Gocha Khelashvili and Victor Ogievetsky, "Nonrenormalizability of the Massive N=2 Super-Yang-Mills Theory," Modern Physics Letters, A6, 2143 (1991).
- Gocha Khelashvili and Victor Ogievetsky, "Theory of Massive N=2 Super-Yang-Mills Fields," JINR-E2-91-217 (1991).