Ali Khounsary, Ph.D.
Research Professor of Physics
Ph.D., University of Illinois
M.S., University of Illinois
B.Sc., University of London
Adjunct Professor of Mechanical Engineering, University of Illinois
President, X-ray Optics, Inc.
Faculty, Center for Synchrotron Radiation Research and Instrumentation (CSRRI)
Optics, X-ray optics and instrumentation, heat transfer, thermal management, high heat load optics, X-ray techniques, mechanical and optomechanical design and analysis, finite element analysis, product development, fabrication techniques.
- Associate Editor of Journal of Heat Transfer, 2013-present.
- Editor, Journal of X-ray Optics & Instrumentation, 2007-2011.
- OE Magazine Editorial Board, 2003-2005.
- Associate Editor, Optical Engineering, 2000-2005.
- Fellow of ASME and SPIE
- Track Chair / co-chair: Radiation Technologies (SPIE), 2001-2008, 2014-present.
- Chair / co-chair / organizer, over 50 conferences & workshops, 1990-present.
- Chair, BRTD Radiation Technologies Committee (ASME), 2004-2011, 2012-2015.
- Chair / Co-chair / member, various technical, professional, and review committees.